2.1.12

THE WANTED "Glad You Came"


For me, literature is important, I studied it for five years at university and love reading literature. We sometimes have a strange image of what literature is, as something boring or obscure. But the truth is that literature is a form of  art, and therefore, should make us feel better.

WHY HAVE I CHOSEN THIS SONG?
I think literature surrounds us, while I was listening to this song, I thought, "I like the rhythm, I feel like dancing", but when I listened to the lyrics it struck me that they have a strong and powerful literary device called anadiplosis.

WHAT IS ANADIPLOSIS?
According to the Britannica Encyclopedia, it is a device in which the last word or phrase of one clause, sentence or line is repeated at the beginning of the next. We can find it in several poems but also in the chorus of this song :

Turn the lights out nowNow I'll take you by the handHand you another drinkDrink it if you canCan you spend a little time,Time is slipping away,Away from us so stay,Stay with me I can make,Make you glad you came.
If you want to learn more about this British group, you can find more information at their official website.


2 comments:

  1. Valuable info. Fortunate me I found your web site accidentally,
    and I am stunned why this twist of fate did not happened earlier!

    I bookmarked it.
    Also visit my web-site ; sms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! You are so kind! If you really liked it, please make yourself follower of the blog. You can also receive mail notice at Want it delivered? ;))

      Delete

I want to know what you think, please leave a comment!
Me interesa tu opinión, deja tu comentario