13.12.12

A narrative: James Blunt's Stay the Night.



We are already finishing the term, so we are going to relax a little with this song by James Blunt, a British singer and songwriter with a really special voice.  I have chosen this song because we have been treating past tenses (past simple, continuous, present and past perfect, would, used to...) to talk about narratives.

 It's 72 degrees outside, zero chance of rain
 It's been a perfect day 
We're all spinning on our heels, so far away from real In Californ-i-a  
We all watched the sunset from our car, we all took it in 
And by the time that it was dark, you and me had something, yeah! 
Chorus:
 And if this is what we've got, then what we've got is gold 
We're shining bright and I want you, I want you to know 
The moon is on it's way, our friends all say goodbye
 There's nowhere else to go, I hope that you'll stay the night 
 Wooooah, you'll stay the night, wooooah yeah 
 We've been singing Billie Jean 
Mixing vodka with caffeine 
We've got strangers stopping by 
And though you're out of tune 
Girl you blow my mind, you do
 And all I'll say is I don't wanna say good night and if there is no quiet corner to get to know each other then there's no hurry I'm a patient man
 As you'll discover, ah! 
CHORUS
Just like the song on my radio said, 
We'll share the shelter of my single bed
 But it's a different tune that's stuck in my head 
And it go o oes... 
CHORUS

First listen to the song and read the lyrics, then try to picture the time line, that is, try to figure out and tell me which actions happen first and which ones after and send me a comment. I hope you enjoy the song and the video with all its heat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what you think, please leave a comment!
Me interesa tu opinión, deja tu comentario